Welcome to the official THSWCA website! This site is designed to give you as much information as possible about UIL/TAPPS Wrestling in Texas. On this site you will find: read more...
We are trying to make this the most comprehensive page of information to help us promote this great sport of ours. If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Noel Peterson
Board of Directors
President: Noel Peterson, Lewisville
President-Elect: Kyle Stevens, Frisco Heritage
Secretary/Treasurer: Lelan Brotherman
Advisory Committee Members:
- Region 1: Greg Clear - Amarillo
- Region 2: Vacant
- Region 3: Kyle Stevens - Frisco Heritage
- Region 4: Vacant
- Region 5: Tim Stockton - Cy Fair
- Region 6: Dean Schaub - New Waverly
- Region 7: Joseph Clark - PSJA Memorial
- Region 8: Paul Muck - Vandegrift
THSWCA News & Information
9/30/17 Presentation at the TWOA State Clinic by Dan Lang: Rules PPT
UIL Girls Hair Rule Interpretations: UIL Girls Hair Rules
Of note, there are two significant rule changes that we all need to be aware for the coming season:
- Rule 4-1-1a-c: uniform changes; primarily the adoption of two-piece uniforms as a legal uniform option along with the traditional singlet.
- Rule 5-15-1 to 3: NF’s and falls can occur out of bounds. Please focus on the “points of support” allowable for this specific situation. Toes/feet are not considered “points of support” in NF/Fall OOB situations.
Once you have had a chance to review this presentation and/or review the new rules and case book please feel free to call or email Dan Lang with any questions you may have. Please let the coaches know that any new uniform questions should be directed to Dan Lang only.
Help create a uniform Coaches Directory
Last spring we set out to update a uniform Coaches Directory to increase communication State-wide. We were able to collect contact information from most programs. If you changed schools over the summer, please take the time to update your information. We also ask that you pass this survey form along to those who took over your position at your previous school. To finish this project we also ask that you pass this information along to those within your wrestling District who's information we are lacking. If you completed this form last spring and nothing has changed, no need to complete again.
We have also set forth a few new initiatives to increase awareness of wrestling within Texas including active efforts to increase media coverage of wrestling. We will be sending out information in the coming weeks on information regarding District Previews, Tournament results, and a Coach's Rankings Poll. Our first step in doing this is to complete our State wide tournament list. If you are hosting an event this season, please complete the form link below. If you completed this form in the spring, no need to duplicate. If you are looking for additional competitions or teams for your competitions, this same tournament response page can be used for those purposes.
- State Wide Tournament Form: https://goo.gl/forms/PYecQA2suTkliuYr1
- State Wide Tournament responses: https://goo.gl/dgpTkm